You will learn:
- The evolution of kirtan
- Kirtan as a type of singing yoga
- The definition of mantra as a sacred sound formula
- The "bhav" the felt sense of the heart's resonance
- Various ways to participate
- The meditative silence after the music
- Neuroscience about singing and chanting and its ability to support the parasympathetic nervous system
Research shows that hearty singing and specifically chanting activates the vagus nerve which supports nervous system regulation. Not to mention that chanting is a practice that nurtures the heart and develops our capacity to give and receive heartfelt expression. Join us for an engaging and interactive heart-opening and mind-focused program!
If you have not participated in an online event with Zoom, we can assure you it’s nice and easy. After you purchase your ticket, your link to attend will be emailed to you within 24 hours. You will receive detailed instructions in our email about how to join the meeting. If you do not receive the email, please check your Spam folder. If you have not received your link after 24 hours or have any questions, please contact us.